Fell of bike

Posted , 6 users are following.

I fell off my electric bike at some speed two days ago, directly onto my new knee (done about 4 months ago).  I managed to cycle home, and thought that everything was ok.  The next day I walked about a mile into the village and back, which was fine, but after an hour or so it began to be excruciatingly painful.  Should I do anything about it?

2 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

You certainly should. How much mobility do you have? Is it swollen? will it bear your weight.

Do hope there is no damage, but it probably needs a long rest.

• Posted

I can stand on it, and walk with a lot of pain. Can't bend it as far as I could - about 90 degrees.  Not particularly swollen.  
  • Posted

oh dear ... i would definitely go and have it checked out.  you cannot be too careful.  imagine leaving it and ALL you have been through being for nothing.  personally, wouldn't take that risk.  excruciating pain means a trip to the doc for me!

britta 6.3 weeks post op

• Posted

You should go straight to A&E!
    • Posted

I would but the nearest A&E is 30 miles away, and I'd have to walk half a mile to the bus stop, catch 3 buses and hope that I would be seen in time to get the last bus home from town 5 miles away. Rural life is sometimes difficult, especially without a car!
  • Posted

you should call your gp and see what he says, he may send you to a & e or you may just need rest and ice , its a shame you live so far away from town , it must be hard with no car , if i lived near you i would take you , take care and im sure all will be ok .

• Posted

I saw my osteopath friend today - he says the knee it isn't damaged but the shock has caused trauma to my whole right side.  He did some of the osteomagic and stuck some accupunture needles in.  Certainly feels better now.  Not sure if that is psychological or actual but if it stops hurting who cares!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.