fell on knee

Posted , 3 users are following.

About a week ago I slipped on some ice and fell with all my weight onto one knee(on the ice). The pain was excruciating. Strangely it didn't bother me when walking. No swelling or discoloration. I actually ran a few days later with no pain whatsoever, unless I bump into something or touch it getting dressed. Just touching it is painful. A week later it doesn't bother me until I forget and try to go down on one knee and it's like my kneecap is on fire. It goes away pretty soon after I get up. Any idea what this could be? 

Thanks

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, pls go see a doctor. Why would you not? You could have done irreparable damage. Good luck.
  • Posted

Possibly bone nursing. Damage from falls is really difficult to explain. So much depends on what you land on and how you landed. My suggestion would be to find a sports medicine ortho, preferably one that treats college or professional teams. They are trained to see and treat the unusual. One thing about knee injuries, relatively few heal on their own volition. It may be rest and it may be exercise under the guidance of a physical therapist but it isn't wise to try and self diagnose and treat. Often times all this can do is cause long term programs.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.