Fell on knee about 4 months ago, pain is worsening what now?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had a scope on my knee last November and they removed plica. It was great. My knee quit hurting and I was so happy. Then in March I fell and landed directly and totally on that knee. The ground was soft and it wasn't painful at the time. BUT, since then my knee feels like it almost locks up especially when walking on stairs or hills or uneven ground. I have started wearing a knee brace and it helps. What should I do? The plica had made a groove in the bone. Did I injure it with the fall? Should I go back to the Dr? It is slowly getting worse, hurting more often.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Victoria, go back to your Dr.  You may require another MRI.

I have been back to my surgeon twice after my surgery with complaints.  I required a further MRI to find degenerative issues which will never leave me now.  But I am all the wiser to why I'm still in pain, and what to do now to decrease  pain and nurture till the inevitable. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.