Fell on my foot 4 weeks po after having bunionectomy

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am 4 weeks po today and just fell off my crutches onto my foot! Im mortified! I was instructed to wear my boot 24/7 and have been taking it off more and more because its bothering me. I came out of my bathroom and was trying to shut my closet door and somehow lost balance and i completely fell down. I land on my foot for balance before completely hitting the ground. It immediatelt swole up worse than it was (which wasnt too bad) and then turned a darker shade of purple. I have 2 screws in my big toe further down on the bone and one in my little toe. Im really hoping i didnt do any permanent damage to the surgical site! My surgeon warned me and said i need to protect my foot so i dont have any complications down the road and he offered to put me in a cast better. I declined and swore id wear the boot and here i am! Pleaseee help! Idk how far along the bones have healed at 4 weeks. Im guessing not much.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Oh I did that twice so painful foot swelled so much. Had to have xrays done
    • Posted

What did the xray show? What can be done if something went wrong at that point? Jst worrying about my foot - same thhing happend 5 days ago and I´m on vacation, so not so easy to have a lokk at it...please, what is your story?

• Posted

Dear Stephanie. This exact thing happened to me 5 days ago, 3 1/2 weeks po. Jumped on crotches and swang my well foot into a wooden chair, lost balance and fell down on my not well foot, both feet hurt like h....... the foot swolled more than before like yours and turned darker purple like yours. It was in te evening and we were going on vacation next day. The 2 1/2 hours flight certainly didnot help- should have worn compression socks I can see now. Still on vacation with my foot up, bvut worrying a great deal if an x-ray should have been done...... so I really woyld like to know what happend to your foot, please?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.