Fell on my foot weirdly a month ago, still have pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

Ok so, this is an embarassing story. So a while back, I was sitting on a chair in my kitchen and I was watching Harry Styles on carpool kareoke on my phone while it was charging. I think my foot was tucked under me, because it fell asleep and I got pins and needles. I wasn't really thinking, because who really can think when they're watching anything regarding Harry Styles, and I got up and immediately fell. I fell very oddly, like I completely tripped over my left, "asleep" foot and kind of fell on the top of my foot, not my sole. I was just chilling on the kitchen floor for a while after that, quietly sobbing as to not disturb my sleeping parents. I could barely get up the stairs to my room and the next day I couldn't walk on it at all without massive shooting pain on the top of my foot. I took some pain meds, iced it, and put an ace bandage and then a sock over it. After a couple days, I could walk again, but when I turned my foot at some angles it sent jolts of pain across the top of my foot. My ankle itself is fine, but all across my foot it just hurts. Anyway, so it's a month later, and my foot, while mostly healed is still just very sore just massaging it and rolling it around at odd angles still causes a lot of pain. I can walk on it again though so I guess that's good. Anyway I'm just wondering if anyone has any ideas as to what it might be and/or what I should do to help it heal? I haven't seen any doctors b/c I live in the U.S., and, well, our healthcare system isn't really ideal at the moment. Thanks so much for all your help smile

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Oh dear, I am much older now so falls can be really bad...I too have take many falls mostly while out hiking or looking at a pager and missing an important stair.  I just have to wonder if nerves got bruised...hard to know.  Foot does take a long time to heal.  Is there a University nearby with med students?  Our U of M,  I think offers some care at limited prices.  Some hospitals and clinics offer sliding fee scale.  I once worked for Vista Stateside Peacecorp where we opened clinic in evening and didn't close till everyone was treated.  Maybe Google could help you find something like that in your community.  Sounds like you are doing all the right things.  I guess I would still encourage cold packs and also warm packs.  It's possible you could have torn something a little.  Hate to say it but probably only an MRI would tell you that.  I wish I could help more.  It's your call and a doctor's call.

• Posted

Thank you so much for your helpful response. I really appreciate it! I'll look into getting it looked at but I'll continue with hot packs. Thanks so much for your help smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.