Fell on my knee

Posted , 4 users are following.

i am 52 years old going through menopause. i fell on my knee in a parade over the weekend. i didnt see the pot hole, i remember my left food caught it and after that i remember nothing after that. i remember being on the ground my right knee on the cement and my right hand. my right hand is very weak from so many surgeries from carpel tunnel to right shoulder pain i am in the process of getting sorted out. the pain in my knee is beliw the knee cap, its the top of the shin bone. it hurts to put any weight on it, it hurts more to keep straight than have it bent. it will hurt into my ankle and the bone behind the knee. should i worry about it being broken? 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes, you need a doctor. I'm in so much pain right now, we have to cancel our vacation. Your pain will turn into authorities. I guarantee it. Go now before it's too late, like me. I'm 63 going on 90.

• Posted

my husband said he saw it and tried to grab me but it was too late, he said all my weight landed on that bone, since menopause that increased by about 60lbs ughhh
  • Posted

i am a small person but i weigh over 200 right now. i wanted to get out and walk more to get exercise..good god. good luck with your injury. hope everything works out for you

• Posted

Patricia,  I think that you should have your knee and leg looked at by a professional.  Something could have broken and an X ray should be taken to determine the right course of treatment.  Walking is a great way to get some exercise but it's not the way to take off pounds. When I was 52 I also weighed over 200 and I am almost 5'3".  It was a life of yoyo dieting, up and down and back up again.  Today at 71 I'm 135 lbs. and have been  around that for 6-7 years.  I can't remember the exact figure but for each pound above your healthy weight you are putting 7 pounds on weight on you knees.  1 lb = 7lbs on the knees.  Ouch!.  For now you have to get your knee taken care of so see a doctor ASAP and follow any treatment plan.  Good luck.  BTW 2 years ago I twisted my ankle, fell, and ended up in a non weight bearing cast up to my knee because I broke my little toe!  You just never know...…...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.