Fell Over

Posted , 2 users are following.

Had Right TKR in Aug. Due to have L TKR in June. Just fell over sister's cat. Landed on both knees. Knees are bruised but normal movement. My left calf is killing me. It hurts so bad. Won't let me walk properly. Ankle not twisted. Am elevating and icing. Any other people had such rigid calf pain? How long does it last?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You need to see a doctor. It could be any number of things. If it's red and hot go to A & E otherwise make an appt with your GP asap. I hope it improves quickly.

• Posted

Thank you. Am in Inverness doing respite for my sister as my dad has PD and dementia. Did RICE all night. It is not so rigid. Now knee and heel ache. Swelling less rigid. Going home to Manchester on Tues. If worsens will go to A&E here. Had crutches with me so just using them. Just amazed as more painful than knee replacement. Due to see consultant regarding surgery on 8th now concerned he will delay it till this muscular issue resolved. Thank you for responding. It is comforting being able to reach out and get sound advice.

• Posted

Lucky you had the crutches with you, sounds as if it might be a soft tissue injury, hopefully muscular rather than tendons or ligaments. Hope it continues to improve and surgery can go ahead as planned.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.