Fell really hard on my left knee the other day on a hard tile floor,now the pain is unbearable..

Posted , 4 users are following.

So the other day while I was at work,I accidentally tripped over a rug that folded in an awkward way,and the next thing I know,I'm falling to the hard floor surface,and my left knee hits the floor at a fast speed..I am not kidding when I say that my knee hitting the floor,felt horrible. So after I get up,I immediately notice that I'm limping slightly,and I have terrible pain around my knee. I go in the breakroom to look at my left knee,and I notice a giant bruise right below where my kneecap is..After that,I attempt to see how tender the area with the bruise is,and I discovered that even the slightest tap on that area around my knee,causes a great amount of pain. Plus,I can feel some pain in my knee muscles too. I wait until the next day,to see if the pain goes away. Sure enough,the terrible pain was still there,and it was worse now. I could barely finish my shift at work last night,because of the almost unbearable knee pain. My question is,should I seek medical care for my injured knee?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes, you should see a doctor, have x-ray taken and MRI! I have fallen several times on my knees and had surgery on knees, cortisone shot for arthritis and had knees drained of fluid! They still hurt and  still swollen! But I use pain rub on them which helps a little!
    • Posted

You have done and keep doing the right thing to do - under the adviment of your

Physician.

iellen 😊

• Posted

I totally agree with Connie2cats about having it checked out.  I would add that you absolutely need to report the work place accident to you supervisor IN WRITING.  It is their responsibility to see that the work place is safe and that your injury is properly cared for.  You probably should be given time off work with pay during your recovery.
    • Posted

That's the first thing I did,after I fell on my knee..I reported the incident to my supervisor,and they helped me fill out an incident report. Whatever I did to my knee,it just really hurts,even with rest. It's hard to even walk on my left leg most of the time,because of my knee.I have a bandage wrapped around my knee,to help stabilize it..but yeah,I'm definetly gonna go visit a doctor and see if they can order an xray,or MRI

• Posted

Good luck with the doctor and your healing.  Until you see a medical professional are you familiar with the RICE protocol?  I used it for a twisted ankle.  Perhaps it would help with your knee.  Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation.  Don't put your weight on your left leg. Don't walk without support from a crutch or cane.  Be the "Queen"!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.