Felling low

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi I'm 5 weeks wed post partial knee replacement felling will it ever get better lifting is still a problem bending is a problem just feels so tight and after doing the exercises which are so painful the knee feels like it wants to pop out wishing I hadn't had it done now

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi Denise

I'm sorry to hear you are feeling down I know you have probably read lots of times that 5 weeks is too early for regrets I was the same but I promise you it will get better but it will take time try to keep your chin up and stay positive and in a few months you will feel better I am 6 months into my journey because that's how it feels and I still have bad days but getting rarer 

Hope you feel a bit better soon x

• Posted

I am only 3 weeks out from partial and feeling the same.  So, so tight,  sleeping stinks and everything hurts and feels bad after PT.  I also know it’s very early in this process and we need to be patient but dang it’s hard!  Guessing my expectations were more because the Dr told me that the recovery was much quicker than a total and not nearly as bad.......now I am reading the the recovery is very similar 😏.  Guess a clue could have been when I went for my 2 week check up and the dr asked if I needed more Pain meds!

Hang in there, we will make it thru this!

• Posted

Thank you just very tearful today sleeping isn't a problem it's just trying to bend and lift the dam thing

• Posted

The lifting issue is very depressing...i remember it well, but keep up the work. It will happen and when it improves you will feel very pleased with yourself! Many people seem to have a dip in emotions around this time. It will get better. Let yourself have a cry if you need to. Make sure you are getting plenty of rest because over tiredness does not help at all.
  • Posted

Hi Denise x

what I did and still do when I go to bed I lie on my back legs straight and the knee you had done move your ankle up and down for 3 seconds to start then up it after a couple of days then try lifting your leg not to high for just a few seconds I also bought a peddle machine that's when you sit in a chair and pedal it's great that has helped me I will be doing it again when I have my left knee done do these excercises about twice a day morning and at night, I hope this helps x

• Posted

I’m in the same boat. Only I had a total knee replacement. I go to surgeon next week and I’m so scared they will want to manipulate it. I go to therapy everyday so why is it not getting better. I hate myself for doing this. 

• Posted

Hi Joann,

When I first start PT my ROM was only 85 degrees, that was 5 weeks ago.  This week, at 8 weeks, my ROM is 110.  My therapist said it will improve each week as long as I continue to do my exercises and stretches, which I am faithful about. My ortho doctor is very patient and believes as the swelling and tightness improve so will you ROM.

Hang in there and best of luck.

Many blessings ,

Cherry 🍒 

• Posted

Hi Denise,

I am 8 weeks post-op tkr and I can tell you be patient, things will change!  Of course, when I was where you are I thought things would never improve... but they have.  At 4/5 weeks I felt like there was a 30 pound weight around my knee..,couldn't bend it for anything!  It was tight, stiff and painful.  But here I am at 8 weeks and now I only feel like I have a 15 pound weight around my knee!! So, you see, patience works and as you travel along this difficult journey there will more bumps in the road, but you will persevere.  I actually went to the mall today, using my trusty cane and walked the whole perimeter...course I did have to stop at a few rest areas, but I did it! I am 71 years old and have a lot of life to live.  So Denise, don't give up, it's going to be worth it! Each day will make you stronger, so keep doing those exercises and you will soon be able to lift that leg. 

Many blessings,

Cherry 🍒 

• Posted

Thank you and wow amazing can't wait to get to the 8 week mark although I have been shopping on several days spending the day in Winchester must of walked on and off for 3hrs having to stop lots of time felt it the next day though thanks for the advise

• Posted

I know how your feeling... I felt the same. Lots of so sorry I did this... crying ... feeling I could never get better. I have my days but those are in the rear view. Hang in there. I'm at about 11 weeks it does get better! Fight for your knee!!! Do what you have to even if it feels like nothing is happening... it is!!! 

Massage the scar and area and ice ice ice!!! Take care of you!!! Do what you can -don't over do! Hope you see the light at the end of the tunnel soon!!! It's coming

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.