Fellow PMR sufferer

Posted , 17 users are following.

I went to a party last night and by accident sitting outside to cool down because of sweating, one of the male guests said he was on Steroids ( Predisolone) funny  i am also on the same drug, I have PMR he said he did, but for a year he was told he had Lupus, when he was not getting better he paid to see a Rhmy  consultant who said you don’t have Lupus because over 70 you are too old. Hence he was properly diagnosed with PMR. He was put on 15mg and is now tapering down 1mg every 2 months, he is on 7mg and is feeling great except for the normal sweating tiredness etc. The interesting thing was he was told he would be cured in 2yrs I was told my adrenal glands would wake up but to be patient. Is it known that PMR does  only last two years. 

1 like, 41 replies

41 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Many, about 50% go into "permanent" remission in <3 years.  Many do not.  I've had it for 8.... ugh

Hope you are in the remission group!

• Posted

No not in the remission group, on 13mg tapering slowely. It makes me feel better just reading what every one  else’s journey has been, I  think I am lucky that I do not have any real life threatening illness. We may all hate PMR but we are still managing to live our lives through Pred. I am loving seeing my 7 week old Grandaughter every day and taking her for a walk in her pram. I feel blessed most of the time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.