felodipine

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone experienced any side effects with felodipine?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello, Killiebill, as regards side effects with Felodipine:  Yes, I had and have.  Always go back to it because it is very effective - BUT:  nausea, flushes, headaches, feeling generallly lousy!  As all the other groups have hardly any effect on  my BP and I am allergic to  diuretics, I hav e no c hoice. My BP peaks in the mornings terribly, then levels out. 

Amlodipine I have tried: worse side effects.

Sorry, I have no advice only sympathy!!!!  Thankfully, my GP is very sympathetic - has tried them all.

• Posted

I feel very lethargic and experience a loud Herat beat when in bed at night. I was also on amlodipine and had to come off due to feeling very light headed. Don't know what the answer is to high BP.
  • Posted

Killiebilly - about your heartbeat at night and Felodipine.  Calcium channel blockers do cause fast hearbeat (says so in info sheets too), and palpitations.  I would suggest you take yourself to your GP asap and tell him so he gives you something else.  

I have just tried Felodipine AGAIN, never give up hope... and felt awful AGAIN. And this is it. No more calcium channel blockers.

Hope you get something that agrees with you!  Best of luck.

Elke

• Posted

I was taking Felodipine and Losarten HCTZ for a long time and I now have shortness of breath during exercise because my heart rate won't go up. My Dr. changed my meds to Amlodipine and Losarten HCTZ. It's been 1 week and my heart rate still isn't right. The Dr. is sending me to a cardiologist. I hope my heart isn't damaged for good. I've started experimenting with beet root capsules to lower my BP in the hopes of getting off all meds.

• Posted

Just tried this one and it doesn't make me feel good at all. Since I changed to it two weeks ago I have had a headache every day, including what I call "screamers" where I just can't operate and no painkillers or migraine tablets have any effect whatsoever. There are many many drugs for BP and they affect us all differently because of our genes. It is about trying different ones to suit. You know your reactions better than anyone and don't let the doctors tell you differently. Good luck. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.