Felodipine

Posted , 6 users are following.

Am interested to hear if anyone takes Felodipine for high BP ? If so has anyone suffered any side effects as there seems to be little information about this medication.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Edited

I've just been prescribed it again. I say 'again' as I used it for a couple of months earlier this year, then sort of forgot about it. Just recently my BP has been high (150-160 / 90-100) so I asked for another prescription.

TBH I can't recall any negative side effects but I'll re-post if I notice any. What I can say is that is effective, or at least it was for me last time I took it. Your experience may differ. My BP had been 160+ systolic so I went to the doc's and was first prescribed 2.5mg of Felodipin-Mepha (which I presume is the same medicine). The results were good so the doc prescribed the 5mg dose, once a day. It was a pack of 100 so I must have taken it over 3 months or so.

I don't have the exact results to hand but my BP definitely dropped to something like a normal level -- or not far off it.

Have you noticed any negative effects?

• Posted

Hi there thanks for the reply. As you say it definitely does work as my readings were similar to yours and even higher at times. I have found I've been having a lot of weird headaches that dont shift easily. I've been taking this for a month and GP has advised to stop them for a week or so if they continue to see if its a side effect.

• Posted

Your post reminded me that I too had quite bad headaches when I first took Felodopine. When I restarted a few days ago i also had a headache but it lasted just a day or two and I've not noticed it since. The other thing was that I had some quite vivid dreams when I started but like the headaches, these stopped after a few days. I can't be certain that they were linked to the medication but they occurred at the same time.

• Posted

I suppose as with all medications its not good to take it in high doses, and also everyone is different, it will not effect me the same as you. Only time truly tells.

• Edited

I experienced side effects from Amlodipine and my doctor suggested me to try Felodipine. I find Felodipine stronger than Amlodipine in blood pressure reduction, but unfortunately I experienced the same side effect as Amlodipine. It seems to relax my bladder as well as blood vessels. I constantly need to go to bathroom every 30 min or so and couldn't sleep properly. I also experience dull abdominal bloating pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.