Felt a large mass on my lower abdomen

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi! I'm new here. 4 days ago, i felt a large mass in my lower abdomen. I'm scared it's not fibroid. But back in 2012, when i was pregnant with my first child, I also felt a bigger mass on my abdomen which was a fibroid. Surgery was discussed if it continued growing. Fortunately after giving birth, the fibroid got smaller. When i was pregnant with my second, no one mentioned about my fibroid and i didnt really thought of it. Now, this mass that im feeling now is kinda like the fibroid i felt before but im scared its ovarian cancer as im feeling more symptoms - bloating, sometimes nausea, frequent urination, pelvic pain and pain on the stomach. My GP said its very likely that its just a fibroid. The earliest schedule for the ultrasound that I can book is Feb 19. This waiting makes me so stressed.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hello Joy,

Oh, that must be stressful, but hang in there! Your test is now just 2 weeks away. In the meantime, there are lots of different fibroid experiences on this site, so you may find comfort from finding out if other fibroid sufferers have similar symptoms. There seems to be a lot of variety.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.