Felt drunk for 2 years

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone, thank you for your comments in advance.

Im at a bit of a loss as to what on earth is going on with me - doctors are too. For just about 2 years now I have felt a kind of drunk and fogginess in my forehead. It always feels like I'm a few wines into dinner. Along with this, I feel a ton of 'sensations' mostly on the left side of my head running up from the base of my skull to my forehead, then occasionally down the left side of my face to my chin. I also have a hard time concentrating and occasionally find myself having very minor speech errors in conversation (both of these are exclusive to the 2 years past). I have been to multiple neurologists, and ENT, had my bloods checked, thyroid, immunology, and allergies checked (I am coeliac but on a GF diet), gone to naturopaths, physios, and chiros and no one has got an answer. I have been on numerous medications to try, mainly to treat silent migraines - despite my symptoms not aligning even 50% to a silent migraine. At this point my anxiety and depression are almost unmanageable as a result of this, and my life coming to a complete halt because of these symptoms.

Anyone got any thoughts? Anyone found a way to manage symptoms similar to this? I would be grateful for any weird and wonderful suggestions that worked for others!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

hi grace, i wish i could give you some answers but unfortunately thats not the case. i do however relate to this so much. around this time last year i went to the ER because i was having heart palpitations and was so dizzy that i felt drunk. i really thought i was dying!!! the doctors told me i was having a ✨panic attack✨ and i was so angry because the dizziness had been going on for a few days at that point. i was experiencing both of those for MONTHS and it was destroying my social life and i didnt want to even get out of bed. i thought since it was supoosedly anxiety it would just go away but it didnt. the only thing that went away was the heart palpitations. now i just live with dizziness daily. i went to the doctors twice now but they keep telling me im fine and its anxiety but i cant stand living like this! i am so afraid to go to the doctor again 😢

• Posted

Honestly try a different doctor, or if you can try find a neurologist. I find GP's are a bit lost usually with anything other then stomach bugs haha but when I got to see a neurologist I was able to start trialling medications and other techniques. I'm on Nortriptaline now and it seems to finally be helping! Fingers crossed it continues as this is I think the 7th drug I've tried. But I would suggest going to a different doctor, and keep trying until someone takes you seriously! Its almost too easy for them just to blame a mental illness rather than try and support you if you believe that not to be true! Good luck 😃

• Posted

Just found you, as my pharmacist has given me a new prescription(Prochiorperazine) from my GP QTY 28 up to 3 times a day, (No pamphlet in the box ) I had been feeling giddy and woolley headed for a month but when I got up today, it felt as if the whole world was somewhere else from my body/brain, and I admit I panicked as I couldnt even walk properly in the house and had to hold onto things, I actually drove 1/4 mile round the corner to the doctor in a panic, She said I had Lavrynchitis ( vertigo) which is a problem with the inner ear, She gave me a thorough going over including an ECG then prescribed the pills and said not to drive.

Ive looked them up online ,as Ive no leaflet to read , and it says they are for anxiety, and sickness. I have not been anxious until today and I had assumed they were an antibiotic, hence me querying the quantity prescribed. Im not an anxious person usually except when out of control like this, Thinking about it, Ive had this muzzy head for ages and ages and feel so tired all the time, So do I take these tablets or not.

• Posted

Sorry just to add, if this was anxiety, how come by BP was fine, and I do take medication for high blood pressure for years now, and my pulse was fine, and my oxygen levels were fine, so where was the anxiety, she told me , if I felt worse, I was to call 111. so what was she expecting

• Posted

Hey sandra,

I often find i have high anxiety moments without the BP increase, rather i just have other symptoms, like tight chest, sweaty palms etc.

From my knowledge also that a whole ton of anxiety/depression/OCD drugs also have been found to sometimes benefit people with migrane/dizziness/fogginess so perhaps thats why they've tried that?

And yes i also believe a lot of dizziness can be brought on by inner ear issues, so hopefully any medication given may help to clear that up?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.