Felt intense exhaustion

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello everyone

In the last 50 days I've had twice kind of the same 'feeling'/'condition' that I'm about to describe to you.

First time was a day when I was getting back home from work, felt a light 'pressure-dizziness' on my head then it expanded to my body ( legs, hands ) as a very exhausting feeling like my body would fall down. The moment it started I was walking with my dog and in my other hand I was holding a bag. That day I was also very tired, it was the first hot days of the summer that was starting and I hadn't eaten. That weakness and partly 'faint' feeling kinda took 5-6 seconds and I didn't stop or sit anywhere but kept walking and nothing happened again. After 40 days I had some 'exhaustion' feeling during basketball game, in the last minutes I started feeling a little tired and then ( possibly my mind also worsen it ) I felt my legs and hands didn't have any power like my body had to sit down immediately. Didn't feeling dizzy, numbness or anything else. I felt that for a few seconds and went to sit down immediately and it stopped. Moreover, the last period of months I've been feeling tired quite often because my daily program is always full from morning to night and I haven't been resting enough except from night sleep. Last thing to mention is that my age is 25 years old, slim to athletic body and never had any heart or other health conditions so far. What do you think could the cause? Dehydrated or accumulated fatigue? Missing some vitamins or something?

Thank you very much for your help and time, appreciate it.

Looking forward to your response!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I would recommend getting a full set of blood tests done, as well as getting you vitamins and minerals tested. Get your blood pressure tested too. Do you get palpitations when you experience this dizziness?

• Posted

Actually the doctor mentioned vitamin D to get checked only, not the other ones. And also thyroid. And no I didn't get any palpitations at all. What does that mean?

• Posted

Usually when you have dizzy spells, you will get a full set of bloods to check your cell counts and iron levels etc. This is to check things like anemia, infections and blood disorders. I asked about palpitations when feeling faint because that can be because of low blood pressure. Vitamin deficiencies can also cause dizziness. Have you had any blood tests yet? You can ask for a print out of the results.

• Posted

Just to mention, so far never had any issues with my blood tests in my life. All of them were perfect, I'm just a little suspicious in case it's psychosomatic. Would you give a possibility about it? I'm having blood tets tomorrow actually. And no, I can't say I felt palpitations or other feeling in my heart during those moments. Another thing to mention is a number in thyroid that had checked 4 years ago, was a little higher. ( Had ultrasound and it was okay anatomically ) Would you say that would be another possibility? However I don't have issues or symptoms at all in general, for example body weight change etc. that are often related with thyroid.

• Posted

Your thyroid could be an issue, it is not something I know a lot about though. I assume this will be tested tomorrow for you though so you will soon find out. Try not to over think things, it sounds like you are doing all the right things with getting yourself tested, so if you do have a problem , hopefully it will be something that can be solved. If you do have psychosomatic problems, then you can speak to a psychologist who hopefully will get to the route of your problem. Good luck and I hope you can solve your problem very simply. If it is a vitamin deficiency, you can take a tablet or spray to fix it!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.