Felt nauseated and sick

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've felt nauseated and sick for two days and pain from where my actual stomach is located. I was invited to dinner yesterday and they had lasagna. I was debating trying to eat any of it. I did try a little piece and just tried to eat around the sauce. I had acid last night which now scares the crap out of me. I feel stomach pain too though and I've never really felt that before. Any tips?

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

you can take liquid Antacid & Domperidone (** if you don't have loose motion with these symptoms**)..Domperidone helps to subside nausea & bowel gas.i think you have excessive bowel gas with acidity as you ate some lasanga.

• Posted

you can take liquid Antacid & Domperidone (** if you don't have loose motion with these symptoms**)..Domperidone helps to subside nausea & bowel gas.i think you have excessive bowel gas with acidity as you ate some lasagna.

• Posted

After a couple of days it seems I have some type of bug going around. Gas, bloating, diarrhea, nausea, stomach pain, and belching. My daughter has it too. Although she did eat the lasagna too lol.
  • Posted

Painful and restricting as it is, you need to stick to the guide of "good foods", the "bad" foods will cause affect as I found to my detriment, and having previously been in your position, I now stick to the "good" food diet of fish and poultry, no processed, acidic, spicy foods etc., and I dont have the stomach pains anymore or feel sick, but it does help if I walk after a meal, as sitting really causes discomfort, but part of that is I have a hiatus hernia as well as Barretts.

• Posted

I was diagnosed 4 years ago and prescribed Lanzoprozile.  I'm not sure that makes any difference but I do take regularly, and whilst missed for periods I didn't notice any adverse affect from not taking the PPIs for a few days.

But I struggle when I eat too much and don't get active (walking) after a meal.

• Posted

The reason I asked about the PPI is that I was told it could prevent the Barrett's from progressing. I'm hoping that's true. It scares me.

• Posted

I just got out if the hospital I had severe diverticulitis and had to have IV fluids and antibiotics. My potassium was severely low and I had to have a heart monitor and they put me on the cardiac floor. I was given potassium and magnesium IV and pull form. I was in since Friday night. I was sent home with more meds, a few painkillers, and told to also take stool softeners. I also now have cystitis and have to follow up with my regular doctor. I have had diverticulitis before but this was worse. Way worse.
  • Posted

Glad to hear the problem was diagnosed and treated.  Hope you continue to feel better.
    • Posted

Me too and after the heart monitor now I know for sure my chest pain isn't caused by my heart. Which is excellent news.

• Posted

its very good for you that you don't have any heart disease... hope you will get well soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.