Felt very weird on Saturday

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello people hopefully you feel somewhat on form for Christmas. Anyway on Saturday I went to have my eyes tested as I hadn't done so for around two years. It was all going well and then the examiner got a pen out and asked me to focus on it as she moved it around. I started okay then I felt very odd I had a cold sweat on my neck felt very dizzy and my ears felt full with a ringing sound. I had to stop I got up off the chair and I believed I would pass out I sat on the floor feeling horrendous. The examiner got me a cup of water and I sat back down onto the chair. I soon recovered though and was able to finish the test. I'm just wondering what it could have been, I did think to myself the glandular fever might still be lurking around somewhere. It was just very odd.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have been dealing with EBV since 2/18 and have felt a lot better over the past couple of months but hit a dip in the past couple of weeks the numbness has come back slightly along with the anxiety. I have also had a couple of episodes like you have described. I'll get shakey and feel like I'm going to pass out but it only last for a few minutes then I feel better, but it freaks me out making my anxiety worse. I've just learned to assume it's this stupid virus still messing with me. I have had so many strange symptoms it is getting hard to believe it's just the virus causing it.

• Posted

Could just be anxiety or being overwhelmed in the situation you was in. It might be something you could easilly of done in a normal situation, but as said this virus messes with your brain. So any bit of stress or something where you can't completely relax might make you panic and make you feel like you are going to faint, or even worse make you faint. I've fainted twice with this virus, at the very early stages, but luckily for me I was in the doctors and the hospital each time. But not long ago I was in a lift at work and the door got stuck for a few seconds, but I felt my whole body shut down and went into a small panic. When the door finally opened and I walked out, I questioned why I felt like that....I've been stuck in a lift before for a lot longer and didn't even flinch.

• Posted

Hi Jelley,

Sorry to hear about this experience you had at the optician's, it sounds like it was a frightening moment indeed. It's sometimes easy to forget when you start to feel better that your body takes some time to get its full strength back and full get over the virus, so for sure it's possible that maybe just the moving the head and the eyes about and as Dodge says perhaps the situation and the heat combined with your body still being in recovery mode and getting over the mono just caused a reaction.

Very much hoping you are feeling better now, these things I know can be frightening for sure and I've had moments too when feeling overwhelmed and panicked in situations like that and they take your breath away for sure and you just lose yourself for a moment and sometimes your body just tells you the best place it needs to be is on the ground until it gathers itself again.

Kelly so sorry to hear you have been going through such a tough time with mono too this year, just want to reassure you that in my experience Year 2 was SO much better and one of recovery and breakthrough, nothing like the first year which was so awful to deal with - just hoping so much that things are not as intense now and remember with time you WILL get through this and back to full health again - thinking about you.

Wishing you Dodge, Jelley and Kelly a Merry Christmas and hoping you can all be feeling well and for the best present of good health and new hope for the coming year.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.