Fem Dophilus making me bleed?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been battling recurring BV for a couple months, along with a UTI. I have started taking 2 fem dophilus pills daily and it has caused me to start bleeding. Is this normal? Has anyone else had this problem? I don't know if they are helping or hurting. I am literally almost done being able to deal with this. I am so depressed...

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi there

Please try not to stress although I know it's easier said than done. Are you taking the tablets orally? It's weird that you are bleeding if you are not menstruating. It's best you see your doctor to see what's going on. I have also experienced some spotting this month and then I missed my period. The first time this ever happened to me. Scary when things happen outside of the norm

• Posted

If you're taking them orally I see absolutely no reason hey would cause vaginal bleeding. It IS frustrating! If you're changing up your regimen I assume that's because you're in a flare up? I know for me when it gets BAD I get really inflamed and I've had some bleeding from that. But I see absolutely no reason an oral probiotic would cause bleeding.

We all feel your pain! It's such an emotional cycle dealing with this! what are you currently doing for it and what have you done for it? Feel free to PM me if you don't want to write publicly. Frustrations, complaints, questions, whatever. Cant call myself an expert butbu do feel knowledgeable.

• Posted

I really appreciate your help. I started taking one femdophilus a day, orally, and had cramps all night after, with bleeding. The next day I took another one and there was no bleeding. I am in a flare up so I increased to 2 daily and started bleeding once again. Now the blood seems to be making it smell worse. I am also experiencing UTI and I am wondering if this is due to bacteria being flushed from my system or what...I have been on antibiotics and they don't seem to help much. I ordered boric acid and capsules, but I am scared to try them. I go back to the Dr. in a few days, for the third time in two months...
    • Posted

Sounds pretty terrible. I don't think UTIs occur due to bad bacteria being flushed from the system. Usually the infections pop up due to an increased presence of bad bacteria.....so if they were being flushed the reduced presence should cause fewer Symptoms. The blood has a higher pH, which is an envirment that the bad bacteria thrive is, so it makes sense that now it smells worse since the scent is a product of the bad bacteria metabolizing (I think of it like bacteria Farts).

All the cramping and could just be from your reproductive tract getting hit with a problem. it could just be irritated. Any fever or flu like symptoms? if so, could mean the infection is spreading. With the UTI, if the Pain starts increasing, could be moving towards your kidneys. When is your doctor's appoitment? Maybe you can find out what's going on!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.