Female cycle exacerbating AI symptoms?

Posted , 2 users are following.

So I know that both menstrual cycles and adrenal insufficiency are related to hormones... Wondering if any of you (females) with AI notice particular problems around the beginning of your menstrual cycle? I am being evaluated for AI (2 ACTH Stim tests in last 3 months have been borderline, so they are testing again in a month), and at the beginning of my last two menstrual cycles I have had nausea (never used to be a PMS-related thing for me), increased lightheadedness and massive orthostatic hypotension, salt craving, crushing fatigue... this weekend I seriously thought I was coming down with the flu, but come to find out this morning it's just my monthly visitor coming a little earlier than expected.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi I'm in process of being evaluated just like you but I did notice that my retching and vomiting restarted the day before my period after a bit of a remission. Not sure if a coincidence or related. This hormone stuff is mysterious!!

• Posted

Thank you for sharing! At least now we know there are 2 of us that it affects that way...
  • Posted

Yes, my periods were so severe that I had to be put on progesterone medication to stop them entirely. I am still trying to get questions answered from my doctors on how the reproductive/menstral hormones and endocrine hormones relate to each other. It is challenging to tell where symptoms come from and which things are influencing or causing other problems. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.