Female Cystoscopy please don't worry!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi. I am typing this 2 hours after my flexible Cystoscopy and I am feeling fine. Like many others on this forum I read all the horror stories ( why do people write them??) and but then I decided to focus on the positive stories and I'm glad I did because they were all true. I had no pain whatsoever in fact I was so busy looking at the monitor I forgot that there was a scope inside me. The only thing that I felt was the gel, a very slight sting and the scope going in but it wasn't even really uncomfortable I just felt it. Everything was over within about 5 minutes The worst part was of the whole procedure was going to the toilet afterwards which stung, a bit like when you have a urine infection but it has worn off now.

So be brave and DONT worry..!

3 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Thank you for posting that. I just found out I have to have one next week and was terrified. I had one three weeks ago for kidney stone removal but under general anesthetic but dont know why I have to have this one which I wont be having anesthetic for. Shoud I be worried or is it normal to have one after stone removal? Anyone know?
  • Posted

I am having one in the morning...I'm nervous, but feel better after reading about other people's experience. Thanks for relaying that it's not that bad & I will try to be brave!

• Posted

Having mine done on Friday. Feeling quite anxious, but your post has helped. I'll try to be brave. Thank you! 
  • Posted

lve not really read any horror stories about Cystoscopy, maybe from people years ago who did have a bad experience. l,d never heard of the procedure till l had to go for it, and after many years of undiagnosed ic was glad for any test that would bring a diagnosis and treatment.  l had a g a on the day ward, woke up with a little stinging and soreness, but not as bad as ic attacks, within an hour or two it had settled and l was able to go home, but got the diagnoses first from urologist along with treatment and lit for support group,  It really isnt a bad procedure at all, and worth it to get diagnosis.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.