Female Health Assessment - Breast Worries

Posted , 2 users are following.

im having a terrible time trying to get an appointment with my doctor right now. Ive been told several times that they are fully booked for at least 3 weeks and they are "waiting for the health board" to let them see the next appointments available.

i am understanding everything is up in the air with the virus and vaccine rollout etc

however, I am late 30s and a few weeks ago while doing a self examination, i began to feel my right breast was becoming lumpier however there is one lump harder than the rest.

i waited until after my period but it is still there.

ive been trying to get an appointment but keep being told its not possible so needless to say, my anxiety is through the roof, especially when I have a little to care for and my famiky has a history if cancer and lost my mum a few years ago to cancer.

I began searching online and saw Bupa and Nuffield offer Female Health Assessments which cover breast examinations and wondered if anyone has tried this and think its worth while.

it is quite a lot of money, between £365-395 however all I can think of is it will help relieve my stress and it will be to give me a little piece of mind that I will be here a bit longer for little.

However, just trying to see if anyone has any experiences or opinions on this or even a cheaper alternative if there was one. I cant seem to find a breast clinic suitable as I am under 40

thanks

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

For peace of mind this sounds like a very good idea. I think they are reluctant to do mammograms on anyone under 40. However if they felt you needed to be seen in an NHS breast clinic with mammogram they would refer you back to your GP with recommendations as to what they have found.

All women panic and assume the worst when they find anything resembling a lump, but lumps can have other causes, as I am sure you know. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.