Female Rosacea Sufferer - Make-Up Recommendations please

Posted , 17 users are following.

I have severe rosacea and would like advice on where to start in terms of covering up the redness and large spots etc?  Many thanks.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, I've had Rosacea for years but have only just sought medical advice after a really nasty flare up.  Doc has prescribed metrogel which I've just started using so can't comment on effectiveness just yet. Agree with comments about mineral makeup, I find this kinder to skin than a liquid foundation. My main concern right now is severely dry skin. My GP told me not to use anything with chemicals in. I think she meant nasty chemicals, as it's impossible to have absolute chemical free.  So I've done lots of research on nasty stuff and you'd be surprised what goes into creams and makeup. So I'm now only using things that are paraben free, non comedogenic and with as many natural ingredients as possible.  I've found a couple of ranges, one called skincere and one called balance me and I've ordered some samples from each one. Balance me were really helpful, I emailed them asking what they would recommend for Rosacea and they sent me a detailed email back with what they recommended and also why. I've ordered some small size products to see how I get on.
    • Posted

I'd be very interested to hear how you find the samples when you get them :-)
    • Posted

Hi btoni.  The only product I really liked from balance me was the hot cloth cleanser, but I couldn't use it every day as it would irritate the skin too much.  Once or twice a week to get rid of really flaky patches I think.  It is also too expensive to use daily!  I revisited my GP as the metrogel wasn't really doing anything, and she then prescribed adapalene which apparently can make your skin peel.  So I haven't bothered and I have been going completely natural.  I've drastically changed my diet, only eating fresh fruit and vegetables, cut right back on dairy, no caffeine, little alcohol and started taking an anti-histamine tablet daily, and I've seen a marked difference.  No new papules or pustules in the last few weeks.  Still redness, but I'm coming to terms with that.  I'm also using a basic cleanser from faith in nature, jojoba oil to moisturise and I've just bought a chamomile flower water for toner and chamomile cream from an aromatherapy supplier, fraction of the price of some expensive products.  I think the key is to keep it simple!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.