Female Urethral Stricture disease

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ive been suffering with this most of my life. Had my 10th dilation this yr but if no use, flow is no better & urethritis is always there, can only drink small amounts of water . I'm now being told I have to wait for a Urethroplasty using Buccal mucosa. I'm fearful of being left incontinent. Anybody out there who can tell me the success rates?  Anyone who would recommend going through with it? I'd be forever grateful for any help.  Cheers, M 

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi 

I'm a 46 year old woman I had urethoplasty with buccal in July this year in London. Please ask me as many questions as you need

Best wishes

Sarah 

• Posted

Thanks Sarah, 

How has your recovery gone since July? 

Best Regards, 

Magicv 

• Posted

Hi Magic

I had the surgery at the end of July and I'm well. I had a catheter in for about eights weeks as my healing was slower than expected but not that uncommon. The best thing is I can pee normally first time in years as before I had to self catheterise As my only means of peeing . Please ask away if I can help with any information 

Very best

Sarah 

• Posted

Hi Sarah, 

That's wonderful, I am delighted for you that you can function normally. How did you manage with the indwelling catheter for 8 weeks? We're you able to walk around? 

• Posted

I too suffer from a stricture and I have self catheterize daily for the past three years with sucess but now Im closed up again and it is extremely difficult to get tye cath in. I am waiting to see a new Uro. Please explain this surgery to me.
    • Posted

Hi Yvette, 

I am sorry, I am only reading your message now. Urethroplasty will involve removing & replacing the urethra with a graft. It depends on where your stricture is, an MCUG test will show this. I had to have a dilation done to be able to fit the catheter for the test. Ask your Uro about this. Best of luck 

• Posted

Hi, did any of you tried Bee Pollen. I have read some articles including responses on this website that they were able to pee normally... have you also tried it?
    • Posted

Hi, 

I haven’t tried bee pollen, don’t see how it can cure a physical defect. I will read up on it though. 

• Posted

Those who tried it never claimed their strictures disappeared... but because of it, they were able to urinate normally...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.