Female with sudden hair loss and noticeable bald spots

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am 39 y/o female and am on no medications. Within the last 2-3 weeks I noticed a very noticeable bald spot and excessive hair loss. I can't hide the bald spot at all! I have never dealt with anything like this before!! Any advice or things I should take or do to help would be very much appreciated.. I would like to add my hair was never thin. TIA

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi jamie ive had hair loss now for 25 years on and off its fell out grown back i would advise you to use baby shampoo for a while and use a cool setting if you use a hairdryer it will grown back but it will take time we all know its up setting ive got use to it hope this help and try not to worry to much have a chat with your doctor im here if you need to  talk ok 
  • Posted

Get in the Alopecia uk website or Facebook page. Great support and advise
  • Posted

ust signed up to this never been a forum type of person but i must insist onsaying something, as an ex derm nurse, and the husband of a wife who had this problem,for 20 years  we think we have cracked it,we have been to derm doc, who as usual will give steroid, oh and would you like a wig, she has tried meat free, non alcohol, and all sort of homeopathic nonsence

but i can tell what has worked , keep off bread, pizza , pasta , its gluten she also gets very bad stomach ache from leading up to the patches appearing

the problem only comes back if she goes particularly back on pasta,

3 years on her hair has maintained and all areata has gone, all grown back, but as soon as she tries pasta a small hairless formation starts about 8  days later, along with stomach problems.

i have advised a patient in hospital 18 months agowho was only 20, she also had the samesymtoms andnow she has followed the same as my wife, guess what, yep all hari back no stomach problems0 Report this Reply[darren62159] ★1

darren62159 peter49784 • 25 minutes agoo and by the way she doesnt have coeliac disease, she has been tested but it is a very sensative test so my advice would be to ignore it and have a strict gluten ffree diet for at least 3 months,

also look at the evidence of the link between glten free and hair loss, many times it mentions the stomach flora being unbalanced due to gluten

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.