Females Anal Skin Tag Recovery

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi girls,

Just want to create this post so that people can share their recovery journey.

I have had anal skin tags removed and have developed scar tissue from it, and was wondering if anyone feels the same way about being scared to be intimate with someone in the future because of how it looks.

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Just an update! After using the silicon sheets for a few days, I can see change to the scar and the bump is diminishing! I'm actually so happy about this.

• Posted

What is a silicon sheet and at what point of recovery did you start that? On Tuesday, my second surgery was two weeks ago. I am still very swollen down there and I dont know what to do to heal quicker

• Posted

hi, im hoping someone is still active in this thread as i need help! i had mine removed (1 smallish tag from 12 oclock position) on the 2nd december, under local anaestetic. was burnt off and then stitched. im 12 weeks and STILL have the pink lump!! im getting so depressed over it. its not that its a massive lump, its kind of small but its bright pink in comparison to the rest of my skin there so its v noticable. i just want reassurance that it does go away. is there anything i can use to help?

• Posted

Hey Annie! I'm in same position. I'm at 8 weeks and it still have large lump. Wishing I had not had stitches as I feel like all the experiences I read where they did use them, do not heal as well. So trying not to be very annoyed with my surgeon lol. Can I ask how yours ended up healing after a few months? Did the bump ever go down? Thanks so much!!

• Posted

i need updates guys 😦 i got a tag removed that was bothering me for years. she just numbed locally and cut it off and left if open with no stitches. I'm on day 5 and just looked at it for the first time and I'm so scared the wound isn't as bad as i thought, pretty small, but it looks like its on top of another skin tag a bigger one than before, which I'm assuming/hoping is just swelling..? does this go away, did i just make it worse? how has you guys healed? I'm freaking out

• Posted

hi there - is there anyone who can respond and help me? i had this procedure done 11 days ago for cosmetic reasons / annoyance with cleaning. it was under local anesthetic and cut off in office. not stitched up. when i got it done, my doctor was not very encouraging and kept insisting its not a cosmetic procedure? anyways, that was during the procedure itself. i didn't feel properly educated on how difficult / depressing recovery would be. currently, it looks at LEAST 2-3x larger than when i got it done with a bunch of little lumps and bumps. i'm just looking for some encouragement and/or reassurance that this is normal and it will get better. how long can i expect it to be before i notice a difference? I'm really struggling over here, i just want to feel and look normal again. i'm recently single and this has completely destroyed my confidence in my body.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.