Females only please!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

So, I may sound weird asking this but I'm just very confused. I've never had any health problems... I've had my period for almost six years now. It was always regular but the past few months it's been a little late. (I've heard it's only considered late if it's over 5 days late), but lately it has been about 2-3 days late. Is this normal? I'm only confused because this hasn't ever happened until September. In September it was actually 5 days late, and since then it has been 2-3 days late, like I said. The same is happening to my friend and she is worried there is something wrong with her. Thank you.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

If it's been consistently 2-3 days late, then I would say that is now your new regular. Period patterns can change as you age. It's really nothing to worry yourself over. Stress and dieting can also change period patterns.

• Posted

Think about is there was something unusual happened to you. If there was any worries, illness, stress or newly taken medication. The hormonal level is very sensitive, so sometimes it may happen.

• Posted

Hi sky, any thing can cause our bodies to go out of sink. You haven't mentioned how old you are, at the age of 46, I have periods that swing all over the place due to being perimenopausal. You need to speak to your doctor I think because this has continued for so long, ask their advice they are meant to know aren't they. They could send you for tests or ask you what is happening or both. Let them do the digging. They don't warn us women of this you're just meant to put up with it, like it's a joke!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.