Females with costcchondritis and Tietze

Posted , 2 users are following.

Ok so i am in fully panic and terrified out of my mind right now.  i think im having a flare of costoi .  i suffere from fibro as well.  Anywayhs last night, for some reason i did a self breast exam.  i was having pain in my right breast due for my period in about 10 days.  Low and behold i find a lump like structure.  i feel it more with my hand behind my head but i can feel it standing up tooand it almost feels like cartilage that may be sweollen, if that makes any sense.  its diagonal from my niplle.  if i walk my hands down from top of breasts i feel where there are the ribs in the cneter, at least i thiml hey are ribs.  i have them n both sides of towardds center o cchest.  my left breast i can t feel th is s.  I lilfted my 32 pounds todderl tuesday night along with a highchair at Mcdonalds after chasing her around the damn restaurant.  Could this be what this is from or does it sound like cancer.  II AM FREAKING OUT!!!!. I pointed out to my chiro that my side was hurting and he said it was my lattissimus drsi muscle.  now thing thing that i felt, if i raise my arm up and down like im lifting weights or ready to shout hurray, it moves, i put my left hand over it to check.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Laurie

I too have Tietze Syndrome and Fibromyalgia and also find odd lumps in my breasts, I was diagnosed with Mastitis. Go to your doctor and have it checked out at least for your own peace of mind. I know it hard/ difficult but try to relax you won't be helping yourself by panicking. We are all here for you

• Posted

I know this I know this is crazy.  im terrified to have it checked for fear they will say it is suspicious for..  well ya know.  I keep trying to push myself to go to Urgent Care maybe but just cant do it
    • Posted

If you don't go you will be on the edge all the time have you got any friends/family that could go with you

Debs

• Posted

I live with my mom adn my sister who help me take care of my 2-year-old and 6-year-old.  do you think this sounds cancerous?
    • Posted

No I really don't we all automatically think the worst. It's good you have a support network around you but you really aren't doing yourself any favours by not going, if anything you should go for peace of mind, I did

Debs x

• Posted

I have a very, very clingy 2 year old.  She has never been away from me and on the day she had tubes, tehy let me carry her to the surgery door and after since that day.  its been awful.  i carried her on my left hip ofr hours on end most days because she was terrified i was leaving after that and i slipped a rib out of place and her dad doesnt help matters.  he shoved his new gf down my kids throat when i tried to say lets do this slow so they arent overwhelemed but i didnt know anything obviously.  now she wont let him carry her or put her in her seat.  i get to go on visitation with my kids thank god because of his temper but i dont get a break.  my time is when they are in bed.
    • Posted

Debbie.. Thank you for listening. Went to urgent care today. Doc did breast exam and felt nothing suspicious. I explained everything and she said costochondritis!!!! Praise Jesus!!!
    • Posted

Hi Laurie that really is great news. If you are on Facebook there is a sight you can join on there called Fibromyalgia, don't forget you are not alone with this and we try and help each other with support. You take care

Debbie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.