Femoston 1/5 and still spotting after 10 months

Posted , 4 users are following.

After 10 months on Femoston 1/ 5 I'm still spotting and today I've got period like pains, so fed up with it. I was previously on Evorel Conti but after my GP advised me to stop taking it a few years ago (meno symptoms returned with a vengeance so I went back on Evorel ) I experinced spotting for months until I had a Hysteroscopy and a polyp removed last year. (I had a 4 month break from any Hrt and no spotting at all).. My GP put me on Femoston. I am seriously think about stopping it but I'm afraid of the hot flushes and other side effects of the meno coming back. Anyone got any advice or had similar problems?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

My doctor said to me if evorel conti patch work for me I can stay on them for life if I want to.

When I first started I had a heavy bleed but nothing since and no menopause symptoms at all now. I've been on them about 5 months.

• Posted

Hi Catherine, I was great on Evorel for years until my GP pressured me to stop! when I restarted that's when all the problems with spotting started. Yes, it is becoming much more the norm for women to be a life long user of HRT and about time too! I hope I find another HRT that suits me soon!

• Posted

Dear pat. Sorry for your discomfort and trials. The women in my ancestry lived long and had many children. There was no HRT or relief from menopause, a natural phase of life. We are all destined to endure it. In fighting nature we cause ourselves more grief. However, there are some benefits to be found. I am 60 on BioTe. 1st month was rough. My hair has thinned. But this next pellet will be adjusted to reduce testosterone. My blood tests showed perfect levels from the pre HRT levels. It.takes time to adjust. Patience. Ask for antianxiety med like clonazepam to help. They should automatically offer this! It is a comfort when we are thrown into this misery. Whatever your decision, I wish you peace and good health.

• Posted

Thank you Spurgeon1 for your kind words. At 68 yrs of age I feel I should be past these problems, but, i'm between a rock and a hard place right now. I have a decision to make and hopefully things will improve. I wish you a happy, health & peaceful 2019.

• Posted

Hi Pat I will stay on hrt for life for sure! It gave my life back! Can I ask you how long are you on hrt?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.