Femoston Conti

Posted , 6 users are following.

Was changed to this HRT four months ago instead of Eleste but two months ago started terrible flatulence, intermittent diarrhoea (have to carry Imodium instant around with me), get terrible sweating down my back. This isn't listed in information as side effects. Did anyone else get this while on it. Seeing GP next week to discuss it.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi I don't take these Hrt but I did experience similar symptoms that turned out to be unrelated to Hrt and a sudden intolerance to milk. Once I cut it out everything returned to normal it seems during the menopause quite a few women become sensitive to certain foods some I know its wheat etc. It may still be your Hrt but it could also be another problem altogether.

• Posted

The intolerance thing is an interesting theory, so many things are processed to within an inch of their lives these days it's a wonder we are able to consume anything! 

I haven't experienced your symptoms Barbara and I am about to start back on HRT (Livial)  following a break since April so will see what happens but hope your GP is helpful and finds out the cause. 

• Posted

I have been taking Elleste Duet for Four months but noticed that my hair started shedding on the progesterone part of the tablets although I do feel a lot better on them. No more hot sweats and depressed feelings also noticed that my joints are not aching anymore.I read that Femoston is more hair friendly so went back to my doctors and she prescribed me Femoston I/10 However she rang me this morning to say do not take the Femoston as my last period was March this year and try and carry on with the Elleste for a couple more months as Femoston should not be taken until at least six months after last period.I am due to start taking the progesterone part as anyone else suffered with hair loss ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.