Femoston Conti after Uterine Ablation

Posted , 2 users are following.

Good Evening Ladies,

I am hoping that someone can give me some advice as I am getting really fed up with how I am feeling. A little bit of history, I am 48 and 2 years ago I was diagnosed as peri-menopausal. I had constant bleeding, with maybe 5 days off a month if I was lucky, I suffered with this for over a year, after several hosptial appointments, a minera coil and estrogeon only hrt I had an ablation done last August. It was truly life changing, I have not bled since and I was put on Femoston Conti 1/5mg straight after the op. My night sweats, joint pains, miserable moods almost disappeared. I still had fatigue and sleepless nights but I have a very busy life and thought that was probably to be expected. Slowly my symptoms started to return, I went back to see my consultant again (private) and she doubled my dose to 2 x Femoston Conti to 1/5mg each night. Again initially this helped but things have been going downhill again. I am not covered on my private medical for any menopause problems, i got away with it last time due to the constant bleeding, sadly I no longer have this luxury. I went to see my GP a couple of weeks ago and he said that I was on way too much hrt and his medical book told him I should only be on one a day. He admitted that he was not an expert in Womens Health and rang the local hosptial while I was with him to get some advice on what we could try to help. They told him to refer me to the Menopause Clinic at the hospital, 2 weeks down the line and I am still waiting for an appointment. My joint aches and pains are awful, just like you get when you have the flu, my sleeping and tiredness is awful and i am feeling very down. It has definitely got worse since my tablets have been cut.

Does anyone have any advice or suggestions on what I could suggest to my GP? I am going to chase the hospital up tomorrow but goodness knows how long I am going to have to wait sad

Thanks in advance for any help

Nikola

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Nikola,

Sorry to hear you are suffering with the menopause.

I can only go by my experiences.

I was  put on Evoril Conti patch after a very difficult couple of years struggling with the symptoms  of the menopause.

I was on Evoril for a year, at first it seemed to do the trick, but slowly my symptoms started to return and i was bleeding every month.

Back to the drawing board......

My doctor (who i cannot praise enough), suggested i try Femseven patch, (unlike the Evoril which was re-newed twice weekly), Femseven is a weekly patch...... that is when you can get them to stay on, which results in not getting all of the hormones into your body regularly, this has resulted in more bleeding and quite heavy clotting bleeding. 

My doctor has suggested i try a Estrgon gel & Progesterone tablet, going to do 3 more months on Femseven if they do not stay on shall go for the Gel.

Doubt this has helped much as we are all so different, my advice is do not give up, keep on trying to find the right option for you.

Best wishes

Kay

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.