Femseven continue HRT patch

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi.

This is my 3rd week of using fem seven conti HRT patch once a week..

The day after I changed it it I started with spotting and today it seems like I am a bleed similar to a period. I am just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and should I take the patch off.. or wait to speak to my doctor tomorrow. (Not open on a sunday).

Thanks

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lucy

I would say stick with it, don't remove the patch!  I was on Fem 7 for a year and it really agreed with me.  I had one bleed like a period and then none after that.  It is well known with a lot of HRT that bleeding can happen till you get used to the levels.  I only stopped it as I was allergic to the glue.

Take care

x

• Posted

Thank you

I just wasn't expecting it so got a bit worried when it went from spotting yesterday to a full on type period today.

• Posted

Hi Daisy

How are you feeling on Femonston now ? Did you get my last few posts.

Best wishes

• Posted

Hi Lucy

Sorry I may not be much help as I have not had experience of this brand or patches. But if your bleed seems unsual sounds sensible to see your GP or be referred to your GYN.

The whole HRT is a mind field and sometimes we ladies are just left figuring things out. I a month into taking Femonston tablets and always on alert to any symptoms or slight chang experienced. Its worrying.

Let us know how you get on - Best wishes X

• Posted

Hi Elaine..

I am waiting on a call back from the practice nurse..the bleeding has tailed off a bit now.. it was just a bit of a worry.. having not had any sort of menstrual bleed for about 18 months.. and then having g to process the thought of HRT at 41 years of age..

Thanks again for your response.. perseverance may be the key..

Xx

• Posted

Hi

I would suggest to leave the patch on. Bleeding can happen sometimes. If you have had a period less than 12 months ago, Femsevem sequi is advisable. See your GP and discuss. But nothing to worry.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.