Femseven sequi 50 vs Evorel sequi 50

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everybody, I am 47 and earlier this year I experienced 5 weeks of the worst night sweats when I was woken up about 5 times every night. I was badly deprived of sleep and utterly miserable. I went to see my GP who ordered some blood test which confirmed that I was perimenopausal. The GP offered HRT and I asked if I could get patches instead of cream and tablets which she was offering me by default. Anyway she prescribed Femseven sequi for 3months. Unfortunately after going around several pharmacies I only managed to get supply of it for one month only. There is apparently a real problem with Femseven manufacturer. So I stop taking it after a month and it took me another month to finally get another prescription this time for Evorel sequi which also is difficult to find. Is it a southeast of England problem? 

So I have been on Evorel for 2 months now and it is true that I do not have night sweats anymore but I find myself still experiencing mood swings, I feel bloated quite a lot and experience uncomfortable belly and very heavy bleeding at the end of the cycle. Does anybody experience the same? I didn't notice the same  symptoms for the one month I was on Femseven? Does anybody have the experience of trying both of these products and finding that they get different results?

Thanks for any reply.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi I started on evoral sequi and it was brilliant for the night sweats but gave me horrific PMT, nuclear level so I stopped it and my GP gave me Femseven but they did nothing for the hot flushes. So I've swiped back to the evoral but I've cut the patch in half and hit flushes gone almost house after starting. Reading about it it seems the progesterone in evoral can cause major mood issues. Apparently there are different types of progesterone you can have and seems thus one (nori.. something) can be hard to get on with. So I'm sort of doing my own trial and error. Now I know half patch of the evoral estrogen works I just need to find a different progesterone solution.
    • Posted

Thanks for your answer. That is exactly it. I am experiencing PMT which I never suffered of before!  I guess like you I'll have to try different methods. 
  • Posted

I'd never had PMT before so took me a few months before I realised what was going on. I just didn't feel like me and had such a short temper I would snap at everything and everyone. Horrible feeling. Then had 3 weeks of hot flushes again til I got back and saw MY GPS which us when she put me on Femseven but as I said it did nothing for the hot flushes which was the main reason I wanted HRT as I gave problems with lack of decent sleep anyway due to chronic health issues and the hit flushes on top were leaving me like a zombie.
  • Posted

Hi Corinne, don't know about the Evorel but have been on the Fem Seven Conti patches for some years.  Then had to come off  when I got to 60 only to go straight into full blown menopause again with night sweats etc.  Eventually got back on the patches only to find like yourself that there was a difficulty with supply.  Rang manufacturers who told me that it would be back in circulation in April and in the meantime I had to go on the pills which were awful, bleeding and spotting never stopped.  However patches now in full production again and back on them - they are wonderful.  No bad symptons at all so suggest you go back and re-order through your doctor!
    • Posted

Hi Sarah, thank you very much for your answer. I had phoned too the manufacturer but in the meantime was given the Evorel. I am going to see my GP next month so I'll ask to try Femseven again. At the moment my breasts are really swollen and sore, is it expected from taking HRT?
    • Posted

Hi Sarah I am 59 years old and just been prescribed Femseven Sequi patches I am worried about having a monthly bleed as stopped my periods 5 years ago, what has been your experience? Not putting them on yet as worried. Thanks 
  • Posted

Hi Corinne, yes had very tender breasts on the pills (don;t know which brand they were) but as soon as I went back on the Femseven conti I had no more problems. Just feel totally normal as I did before the menopause started - wonderful!
  • Posted

Hi Corinne1888 I have a question for you. I have just been prescribed Femseven sequi by my gynaecologist, I was on FEmseven before but could not keep them on, I am 59 years old and have not had a bleed for 5 years, my concern is that I will start having a monthly bleed after reading various posts. I have not put the patches on yet as I am worried about the bleeding, can you give me any advice. Thanks 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.