Femur fracture close to the hip/removing rod do to pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi there, 6 months ago i went out for a ride with hubby i had just got my motorcycle license and bought myself a dyna, i hit an unforseen pot hole and crashed broke both my legs severely, my left being the worst with a high femur fracture that affected my hip , 3 ligaments replaced with cadaver ligaments my miniscus my tibia, i had jaw fractures shoulder, and many other injuries but my biggest problem now has been the hip pain i have with the rod they placed in my femur, it seems to protude through my butt cheek and i feel a popping sensation when i bend to grab something they state they left the rod sticking out of the bone on the top about 2 inches do to them not being able to push it farther down the bone do to me having fixaters in the way, so this rod is causing pain, discomfort and i cannot lay on my left side nor can i sit too long without pain, i want this thing out but im also just so scared ive had a total of 12 surgeries and im so done with so much, but i also cant live with this, before thos accident i was at the gym 4-5 days a week 2 hours a day i want to go back to that i miss it, woukd like feedback on what you all think??

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

That sounds like a stupid excuse for not getting the right length rod in the first place.It seems to me that you have been through hell and need a break from pain and worry. I understand wanting to get your life back because I felt bad when I miss my step exercise classes 4 times a week for a month when I broke my stupid little toe and was in a cast up to my knee. You had a terrible accident with many injuries and broken bones and have made it this far. 12 surgeries already to get to this point. I hate to say it but I think you should get that rod taken care of and really get back to your life. You shouldn't have to go through this and I understand you being scared, but you have done so well this has got to be the last step. Good luck!

• Posted

bless your heart, im just really frustrated that this was overlooked and i didnt know theres different size rods which makes it worst how could they drop the ball this way, and to top that off i kept telling them that something was not right because my hip kept popping and was in constant pain, and that was the answer i was given that my fixater was in the way... i cant wait to have this pulled out thank you for your reply!

• Posted

Frustrated? Wow, you are a much better person than I am. I would be royally p****d. You should not have to know that there are different sized rods. They are the professionals and you shouldn't have to supervise them. grrr.Are they in pain?? No, you are the one suffering from their incompetence. You are so sweet to say they dropped the ball. I would say a lot more including that not only should they not charge you $$ for the procedures to fix their gross error, they should pay you for your pain and suffering as a result of their actions. I think I am more upset by what has happened to you than you are.I'm going to take some deep breaths. haha

• Posted

awwww thank you! your so sweet , ive had such a long journey ive suffered and been through pain i never imagined i could ever feel and dont wish on anyone, ive felt depressed , sad because ive always been so active in the gym seeing myself this way breaks me, i have 4 children that want there mom back to normal... im so glad you replied thank you i just needed to hear from others and there opinions

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.