Femur rod removal advice

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi guys I've been reading other peoples stories who have this procedure and I'm curious to know weather or not the rod and pins have to be removed as I've had mine in for nine years as time goes on it is becoming more discomforting but I was never told that it had to be removed or when. I'm just trying this if no luck I'll seek professional help thanks.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You should get professional help.  This needs to be reassessed as to what is actually causing your discomfort. Then you must take advice from the consultants as to what is the best remedy.   There is no definite answer to this one.

If you are in UK go see your GP .

• Posted

I have a rod in my femur with 3 screws its been 5 years now I recently substaned a broke screw in my hip and a fracture some how but I have a friend that had her rod and screws removed and Dr put like a sleeve with rings around the femur.for support .but her rod was removed after 2 yearsU should look into that
  • Posted

Hi taynted,

I think you should take professional help. He will guide you in a better way than anyone else.

Thanks..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.