Fentanyl

Posted , 4 users are following.

Dosages, and keeping the patches dry when its very hot and humid.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have been on Durogesic patches since 1996. I have been able to shower or bath without having to keep the patch dry my biggest problem has always been the heat and humidity so on these occasions I make sure patches are hidden by clothing & if the patch curls up I put micropore on the outside to restick.
    • Posted

Thanks Karen! What is micropore, and is it like tegaderm patches? When I get sweaty the salt halts the meds from entering my skin as I can see it on the patch. Have you had to increase your dosage over the yrs? I've had to increase it 2x in last couple yrs.

• Posted

Hello just2rob,

I am with Karen on the micropore,  it is also good for sensitive skin - does not cause itching or rash.    Temperature does make a difference as to how fast the fent is absorbed by the body, ie high temp larger intake,  depends where you wear the patch as to what precautions you are needing to take.   I find my arms are the best place to put the patch,  sleeves keep protection from the sun  ( a joke as far as this year is concerned lol )   and it does seem a good place for regulation of temperature,  no sweaty build up of heat and humidity.   If the tape looks dodgy when I come out of the shower I just add another strip of micropore, have not had a patch come off at all for any reason whilst using the tape which is reassuring.

Hope you are able to purchase micropore where you are,  it is not expensive and does give peace of mind.

Warmest regards

Jessie x

• Posted

Contact the company that makes the patch you use and ask them for tegaderm. It is a patch that goes over the fentanyl patch and keeps it secure. They will send them to you for free. You will need the lot number on the patch each time you order. You will need to order each time you fill you perscription

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.