fentanyl and opiate pain control

Posted , 3 users are following.

Bloody awful stuff, made me feel sick drowy very emotional and suffer severe constipation. Changed pain control to codeine paracetmol and tharmoph worse still moody sick constipated terribly very unpleasant made the operation seem harmless. yuk yuk yuk yuk

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I had terrible reactions to TRAMADOL. I took 100mg at 10pm. At 8am I took another of the saeme dose which was taken TEN hours later. I behaved like an addict, shook from head to toe and could not control iit had nausea for at least two hours and my head was spinning. Doc said it was too strong a dose. However I believe with ten hours apart, it was not an overdose. The stuff is dynamite for those who have adverse affects and iI will not try it again.
    • Posted

G,Day mayday35 Tramadol is Not am Opiat Morhine is an Opiod .

Fentynol patches work well But ease into them start of small and work up slowly Please these are very Dangerous Drugs and should Not ne near any Children Please keep them in a Lock Box ASAP .

• Posted

G,Day I was on 100Mg MS Contin x 2

60Mg Proladone Supp,s x 2

5Mg Valium x 3 a Day

30Mg Serapax x 1 Night

2x 9Gm Sachets of Questran Lite with orange Juice

B12 Inj once a Month

Micarus Blood Presure

Metaforman for Diabeties

For Break Though Pain the Doctor gave me 75 Mic Gram Fentyale Patches But Very Important never use both tablets and patches NEVER

I use the patches once every 3 Months to have a Break Off my Tablets for some reason they seem to work better after a Break Off them Funny Hey .

I Dont know how things are in the UK but here in OZ Druggies melt them down and shoot them up my God how Bad plus we have just had a big meeting about this ICE Drug its got Drainno in it Please give me a Six Pack of beer

How the Law stand in the UK with people carrying there Meds and get stopped by Police ?

• Posted

Keep away fro fentanyl if possible. I found it works wonderfully, but like all opiates you get used to them the time gets shorter and then dosage increase as you body adapts and the dosage goes up and you are Hooke!  Then very difficult to withdraw
    • Posted

G,Day RafaUK i have beeen using 75 Mic Gram Fentanyl for many many years i use sepperate never use both together eighter 100 x MS Contin and 2 x Proladone Supp ,s at Night but never used both at Once its good to get Off the Tablets for a week or two and use the Fentanyl patches 75 Mic Gram as i had my Ilium out left me with a Malapsorsion Syndrome i need B12 Inj once a month as my body will Not take B12 in from the food i eat and when i go back to using tablets they some how work better Due for my 12 Monthly check with my Main Pain Doctor he,s been in cronic pain he,s an Anesthestist is his Main job in Theater he is a very well educated Doctor he has more letters after his name than in his Name 24 leters after his Name one bright cookie cheers ?
  • Posted

You are lucky that you have someone good to look after you.  I also have been on Fentanyll patches for years and also on 75mcgm. And of course extra analgesics and amitriptyline.  My concern is that doctors just dish them out to get rid of patients with chronic pain and do not explain the long term problems. I have a chronic neuropathy that I am probably stuck with. I have recently joined a Group Therapy of people with Chronic Pain problems.  It has been very good for me as I had sunk down into depression. Called the Perfect Patient Programme (PPP) in the UK. It is the best thing that has happened to me.  The pain is always going to be there, but you have to learn to live with it and not let it control you. This had happened to me.  I have full medical insight, but you cannot treat yourself!! You have to work with a team. Going for an IV Lidocaine infusion tomorrow. Keep smiling!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.