Fentanyl patches going bad. Need help please!!!

Posted , 1 user is following.

ok I've been on 50mic fentanyl patches for a decade. i am on them 1 patch every 48 hours and i am currently prescribed 7 at a time so i see my dr every 2 weeks to get 2 weeks worth. i moved into this house 1-1 1/2 ago. I was on alvagen brand at first that work great. they were fine from September until around march when it seemed like the weather changed . the brands patch starts off clear taken directly out of the packet/pouch. well the last 3 started developing what looked like water spots or blemishes that were white.with no warning on the previous patch. they would not peel with out sticking together. so you could not apply them or peel them off at all. i tried putting them in every closet, drawer, and room in my house. i even got crafty and made a Tupperware container about 2 and 1/2 feet by a 1 and a 1/2 feet with a container of damp rid in it to draw out the moisture. because i thought it was a moisture issue. i also had my pharmacist write the company with no reply. so i spoke with my pharmacist and we changed brands to mylane. same issue. except the mylane aren't as strong. which i can deal with. but this brand keeps them in more coverings of plastic over the medication that you take off so i had high hopes. the patch medication is the opposite of the alvagen. these start off with a slight white film over the entire patch but start turning clearer when going bad. even the word fentanyl can wear off of them,they can develop ripples in the medication and they either peel like glue or not at all or end up clear as the plastic backing with no medication on them. I've also kept a thermometer on them. and for the most part they stay from 67-74 degrees any help or advice I'll take. because i get about a weeks worth of medication and then i am miserable and have to work the next week with out. and it is the only thing that keeps me working. i cannot list my medical history it is to long. if i didn't have a family and need health benefits, i would not be working. ty.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.