Ferritin 16.... what's the best way to get iron?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I guess I'm close to being aneamic but iron supplements make me constipated and don't really work, does anyone know how I can get my levels back up?

Thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

HiĀ 

have u tried spatone mild you can buy it in chemists.. water rich in iron. Takes longer to work but it does work . liver is very high in iron ..beef is too ..

i cant tolerate iron tablets gives me terrible gastritis ..hope that helpsĀ 

saly

• Posted

Thanks Sally I did take spatone for a bit but it gets expensive. Maybe I'll have to get some more thanks 👌

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.