Ferritin drop

Posted , 2 users are following.

hello gain all 

a new discussion 

had my second v yesterday one month after my first when I fainted 

level started at 1221 but besides v started nurse told me my levels had dropped by 200 I was elated of course , modified my diet only slightly , we were away in Ireland for 4 weeks, no alcohol, no reed meat and became a veggie for two / three days a week 

just wondered if anyone else has seen a drop such as this nurse says that's 6 less vs I will have hooray to that 

weekly now like most other rusty people but 200 drop great realise that diet won't make a huge difference but wonders if anyone else had experienced this 

ps have joined heamachromatosis charity got all the paperwork etc now it's very informative 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Yes, it is fairly common to have such a drop in ferritin especially when you are starting from such a high level.  But it does not necessarily mean you will have 6 less vx, because another time you might go upwards, or hardly budge at all.  Rarely do we have textbook results.  Good luck to you if you do.  A lot of us will be envious.

With a starting point of 1221, I am surprised you were not given weekly vx.

• Posted

Thanks Sheryl 

I’m actually now on weekly vx sorry if I did not make that clear !! appreciate comments good health to you 

Best Tom

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.