Ferritin level 11, dr says I'm normal but I'm always tired?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I just want to sleep and not do anything. My vit.D is 44 dr says abnormal but would not prescribe any medication. Any advice?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi my ferritin was 13 hb 11 i was perscribed ferrous sulphate because my dr said she wanted me to have a minimum level of 25 on the ferritin. Ask your dr what he thinks are acceptable levels you shouldn't have to suffer.

• Posted

Hi . 11 is low; I don't know why he would say that is normal.
  • Posted

My doctor put me on a three week course of tablets and as far as I know it's done the trick.  Just go back and say you are still not feeling well and could he review you again.  Best of luck Take care Netz

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.