Ferrous Fumerate Side Effects

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi

I have been diagnosed with iron deficiency aneamia and am on Ferrous Fumerate 210mg tablets, once a day. I've been taking these for a while, in the morning, with orange juice, and not having tea until later in the morning. When I don't eat for hours afterwards, I am fine, but eating seems to give me an upset stomach. I've read that eggs are a problem, so stopped having eggs for breakfast, but it seems that even toast causes a problem, and it leaves me upset for a long time.

I've recently read that if taking iron tablets on an empty stomach is a problem, you can take them with a small amount of food, but I'm worried about the same upset being cause. So I was just wondering if anyone has had similar issues, and how you have solved them? Any foods in particular that don't seem to be a problem to take iron tablets with?

Thanks

Gill

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.