Fever Chest Pain and Back Pain after EGD

Posted , 3 users are following.

I hope you all can help me. I got EGD done 2 day ago. I have pain in my chest on the left side it is sharp pain also a back pain. I just found out I got fever and also my blood pressure is low. I feel hot in my throat not feeling well at all. is this all normal? I'm feeling hot in my back neck and my arms.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

Hi Hana,

I am sorry you are feeling so poorly.

have you every been diagnosed with GERD (Acid reflux) discomfort in your chest can be unbearable at times, throat can feel like its burning. I sometimes get back pain. I have an additional problem after being diagnosed with GERD since 1991 and a few years ago I started to have a pain in my left side. I suffered for 2 years before I got the doctor to send me for an abdominal scan that's when they diagnosed GASTRITIS in my stomach. If you feel down towards left side roundabout 4-5 ribs from the bottom you will find the stomach. If that is roughly where your pain is that could be GASTRITIS. I finally was given METACLOPRAMIDE 10MG 3 x daily until the pain subsides. Then if you get a flare up you can take it for short periods of time. it's not long term drug but it works. my GP said it is equivalent to psoriasis inside your stomach.

I never had low blood pressure though of the heat in the arms.

I would mention the GASTRITIS to your GP and then maybe you could try the drug.

Don't be fooled by the patient info sheet as it says it's an sickness drug. It removes the food from the stomach quickly so as not to give you pain.

sorry this is so long winded but I remember the pain of it all. I still get flare ups and just go on a course of the medication.

good luck Hana.

Nicola.

• Posted

Thank you Nicola, I hope all symptom will be gone soon. This is so painful.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.