Fever like symptoms?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi, I'm after others experience of fever like symptoms that I understand can come with Crohns. I've been diagnosed with mild Crohns just recently following 5 years of symptoms and the usual IBS diagnosis.

Recently I've been on Budisonide which changed my life! In my doctors bid to avoid staying on steroids long term I've been off them for around 6 weeks and on pentasa for around 2 weeks. I've heard these can take up to 6 weeks to do their thing.

As I've declined since coming off steroids I've had the usual fatigue, pain and nausea but also the feeling of general illness like a fever but not a fever.

It's hard to describe as its like nothing else...I have no temperature but my skin crawls feeling similar to a temperature, I feel light and sketchy headed and I feel cold. I spend most of my day dreaming about going home to bed following a hot shower! I also have a headache that ripples in the from of my head and has been with me constantly for around 3 or 4 weeks, more or less the same as the rest of the new symptoms.

What have others experienced around the so called Crohns fever like symptoms?

Thanks all

Matt

3 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, I'm 19 and I have every symptom as well!! I get really flushed, feeling light headed and dizzy. Headaches daily that won't go away, and the over all crappy feeling. I'm on methotrexate as pentasa and another didn't help me at all. Not sure if it's from my medication or what but these symptoms aren't going away!

• Posted

Hi Kayla, really sorry to hear you're also going through a rough time. It does get confused with side effects versus Crohns symptoms. Hopefully when you get your Crohns under control the rest will drop into place.

Is your Doctor good and helping you through to the best management option for you?

Pentasa has helped the worst of my fever like symptoms but my GP said it may have been withdrawal symptoms coming off the steroids (budisonide). If you've been changing your drugs that's also a possibility. When did you swap medication?

Matt

• Posted

I changed medications maybe 3 1/2 months ago. Don't know if it's making it better or worse. My doctor is ok with helping me out but I need more answers

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.