Few questions about Cyst and pending Surgery

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

I am due in hospital next wednesday for surgery to remove a large unknown cyst type mass. Its the big surgery, not keyhole. I have a few queries and would love to hear from ladies who have experienced this.

In the last few days I have started feeling worse. My entire stomach feels like someone is squashing it. it feels so tight and my ribs under my breasts feel bruised. I am so uncomfortable, light headed and sometimes unsteady. I had to leave work late yesterday because I felt unsafe to drive.

Is this normal. My cyst was 7cm a few weeks back so could be larger. Is the cyst causing this?

I am a bridesmaid on saturday and so scared I wont last the day and will need to lay down somewhere. Especially when I am wearing a corset dress!!!

Another query. I have had an appointment come through for a Lipid and Metabolism clinic 2 weeks after the operation. Is this connected?

I have also been told I have high cholestrol but the Dr said she would delay treatment for a few months so I can recover and try and get cholestrol levels down.

So is this related to the operation or possibly my cholestrol?

Thanks ladies x

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Catrina yes the symptoms your having can be associated with cysts. I've been dealing with one for a year now and it was nearly 8cm at its biggest and I had all the symptoms you had and nausea, dry wretching and sometimes vomiting and awful headaches. I would wake at 4am feeling sick. It was like morning sickness. Unfortunately for me I had a gallstone in my gallbladder and had pains under my ribs and they thought it was from the stone and removed my gallbladder when it was that cyst all along. They had neglected to tell me that I had a cyst. Due to having previous bowel surgery they wouldn't remove it. I went to a acupuncturist a few months ago and she put me on herbs and milk thistle to balance my hormones and the cyst reduced to 2cm within 6 weeks and I felt better and decided to stop them and it has grown back. My doctor said it will have to be removed and am seeing a gynaecologist next week but have started the herbs and milk thistle in the hope it will get rid of it if I stay in them for a number of months. Your high cholesterol could be linked to the cyst as the liver is responsible for balancing hormones and if you've too much estrogen in your body and your liver can't deal with it cysts and other problems ensue. I was on a hormone drug for a few years which I believe caused all my

Problems. Anyway just to let you know your not alone and your not imagining your symptoms as some doctors like to think! Take care x

• Posted

WOW!!! Never connected any of the other problems I have been having or had related to this.. But everything you said makes perfect sense!  I too will be having the open surgery in a couple of weeks and while I'm scared I can't wait to get some relief.  It will be nice to see if the cholestrol issue and the headaches go away or at least get better after surgery.  Thank you!!!  
    • Posted

No problem. If you have any issues after surgery try the milk thistle. The one I use has dandelion root and artichoke in it too. Removing the cyst only gets rid of the symptom. Detoxing the liver should help long term. Let me know how your surgery goes. I'm holding off until I see does the herbs and milk thistle get rid of it! Hopefully I can avoid the surgery. Good luck x
    • Posted

I hope yours does go away with the herbs and milk thistle.  I have looked into milk thistle as well as essential oils that I use for any other ailments that I have.  Unfortunately those will not help with my current problem and have to go the surgery route, but that doesn't mean that I can use them again for the recovery and post op treatment! smile 
  • Posted

Hey Hun

I am sorry I can't be of help as mine was a cyst with no symptoms other than a Heavy bleed on my period a feel month ago .

I'm so sorry you are going through all this, sooner you get this cyst out the better Hun.

Takecare of yourself and take it steady at the wedding xx

• Posted

Thanks ladies.

I am getting so so worried about the wedding. I cant do anything for more then 15 mins without feeling bad and I know my dress makes me feel worse.

Is it silly to consider taking a walking stick to help steady me if needed??

• Posted

Not at all,you must do why makes you feel comfortable!!!

No shame in that Hun!!!

If i was at the wedding and saw you with a walking stick I'd think you were a great friend !!

Look after yourself though !!! Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.