Few questions after Post Op review

Posted , 3 users are following.

Will be brief. I am 5 and half weeks post Laparotomy. Went for a check up and I hoped I could get some answers to questions.

The Dr I saw was not mine and it was all rushed.

I wanted to know if its safe to have sex again.

I wanted to know if its ok to go back to work despite feeling tired a lot

I wanted to ask about treatment for PCOS

I wanted to know if I can remove my stockings.

No chance to ask as I was whisked off for a blood test.

Should I call and ask for clarity on these.

Has anyone had a Laparotomy and could guide me on possible answers

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Yes definitely phone and ask xx I am currently waiting for this op next Friday xx useful questions for after xx hope your feeling ok xx
    • Posted

Thanks. I am doing well. Tired a lot.

You will find your own questions, queries and worries after the op so please do ask them.

People heal differently and I was unfortunate to have a wound re open 2 hours after my staples were removed. So I learnt to ask questions about my recovery as I went.

I ended up being dizzy a lot longer then expected after the op so asked Dr about that. They are very supportive in hospital so ask when you need

Hope yours goes well

Dr today was just too "rushed"

• Posted

Oh Hun that's pants sad xx I really do hope you get the answers you need xx thank you I am nervous but love oking forward to the pain free but xx well after recovery xx
  • Posted

Hiya

That's so rubbish that you didn't get the post op check up you deserve!

I had a vertical laparotomy from the pubic line to just above my belly button which is a slightly longer recovery time than the c-section cut laparotomy. Not sure which one you had but I can advise you from mine.

The doctor advised me no sex until 6 weeks post op. It's safe after that.

I had 12 weeks off of work but you are aware of what your body can do. You usually need to be signed back on to go back to work but your gp can do that for you.

Stockings can be removed, they're only essential for the first 30 days post op.

As for PCOS treatment, I have this and the treatment is limited. If you are not trying for a family, birth control pills are often recommended to ease the symptoms of PCOS. If you are trying for a family then there isn't an awful lot you can do. Being a healthy weight will really improve PCOS symptoms. I was also advised to look at the low-GI diet which is known to help with PCOS.

Hope you are recovering well from you operation xx

• Posted

Thanks 

Yes I have the same. Wound from belly button to public line.

I feel physically fit, no pain. Just get tired so quick.

Dr did not say anything about being signed off and on for work. I have been working from home as all work is online based so I can do it. Been working since 2 weeks post op.

Might need to see my Dr for his advice about signing on and off work!!

Low GI diet, Will look into it

My Dr and Surgery nurse did suggest I would get more help to concieve now. With PCOS, one ovary, age and the fact been trying a while. I guess it differs like a postcode lottery!!!

And thanks for the advice. Stockings will be removed soon!!! hehe

• Posted

Bless you. My wound re opened which is what impacted on me having so much time off and the fact I worked in a supermarket on my feet all day I think smile.

Because of my PCOS and having early stage ovarian cancer I have been offered IVF and was told I would qualify for it without the cancer as the cysts can come back. So fingers crossed for you that you qualify. I can't see why not, from what the Drs have said to me.

Enjoy keeping those horrible stockings off! Good luck with everything xx

• Posted

What are the stockings for? Xx
    • Posted

Sorry I'm being dull xx I don't know exactly what's going to happen next Friday xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.