fexapotide triflutate

Posted , 10 users are following.

I posted here a year ago about this new drug. Myself and others had reservations regarding the trials that were done. Seems the company that makes the drug has applied to the FDA for use in the USA. There is a short but interesting article at medscape. Here is an exerpt from the article.

By stimulating a variety of molecular pathways, fexapotide selectively causes loss of prostate glandular epithelial cell integrity, with subsequent decompression of the urethral lumen.

Fexapotide treatment was associated with significantly greater improvement in BPH Symptom Score at 365 days or last follow-up (median, 5.2 points vs. 3.0 points with placebo), according to the single January 29 World Journal of Urology online report on the four studies. Jimjames and I discussed this a while back. Its odd that the plecebo seemed to work well also

The incidence of spontaneous acute urinary retention within 3 years was significantly lower with fexapotide (1.08%) than with placebo (5.63%), as was the incidence of newly diagnosed prostate cancer at 4 years (1.1% vs. 5.3%).

In the crossover studies, the 3-year incidence of BPH surgery was far lower among men who received fexapotide (8.08%) than among those treated with other BPH medications (27.85%).

I didn't post the whole article due to copy write and this website rules. Accounts at medscape are free if you'd like to see the whole article

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Thanks! Has anyone tried this???
    • Posted

Its very new light1. The trials have been going on for a few years though. When I first found the information about a year ago the results seemed promicing. Jimjames and I discussed it via PM. He is more astute than I at reading the trial results. He saw some holes in the information and pointed them out to me. The company seems to be a bit more forthcoming with trial results now. I guess we'll have to sit back and see where it goes.

But can you imagine being able to go get a shot in your prostate and having it reduce in size with any surgical intervention. I know I'm dreaming so don't wake me up lol

• Posted

Thanks for sharing Unckle. What is your opinion on this drug ? Hank
    • Posted

No opinion on it yet. I stumbled on it about a year ago. I discussed it back then via PM with Jimjames, Peter02, Howard31850, alan1951. At the time there wasn't much information about it available. There still isn't. I think my original thread from back then was deleted because I mentioned the manufacturer. The company that makes it seemed a bit shadey at the time. maybe they were trying to boost stock prices. Anyway, the drug maker seems to be forging ahead trying to get FDA  approval. We'll have to see where it goes. The conspiracy nut in me says the last thing urologists want to be developed is an injection that reduces BPH symptoms so news of this drug is being supressed. Do I really believe that, not really. The same can be said about FLA though.  Most of the information I see on Google discusses the manufacuter.  Nothing really even says if it shrinks your prostate. 

• Posted

I am not impressed with the mere 2 pts net improvement in IPSS (5-3). Not sure if it's worth an injection inside the rectum. Doesn't alpha blocker give you better than that ? Hank

• Posted

That was 2 points over plecebo 5 points total improvement 1 year after treatment. Also the post treatment reduction in BPH surgery was pretty good I wonder if multiple injection would be more beneficial. 
  • Posted

On a side note. Anyone else have an advertisment for swimwear poping up in the side bar? I look at the young bikini clad woman in the ad and I miss my youth twisted
  • Posted

I did just find this which doesn't give a lot of hope. Then the question arises, why are they seeking FDA approval? Just to boost stock prices? The following is from the asian journal of urology or something like that. 

NX1207 (NXXXXX Corporation, Quebec, Canada) is a drug that is administered by transrectal intraprostatic injection under ultrasound guidance. The substance leads to prostate volume reduction and symptomatic improvement. However, patient numbers are still low and currently treatment with NX1207 is still experimental, although results were interesting in Phase I and II studies [21], [22]. A Phase III study “Evaluation of Re-Injection of NX-1207 for the Treatment of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH)” has been performed, with primary completion date January 2013 (ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01438775). In November 2014, it was reported that NX1207 had failed to reach its primary endpoints and further development of NX1207 as a treatment for BPH has been abandoned.

• Posted

Hi uncle fester,

Is there any way that I can message you privately here, I have few queries on certain drugs? Pls advise 

• Posted

Yes you can PM me through this site. I'm typing from my phone now so i cant digure out how to pm. When I get to a real computer I'll send you a PM if you don't send one to me first

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.