Fiber Meal Plains After Hemroidctomy

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello

I am having a second Hemorrhoidectomy Done in the New Year... and I am planning this time properly.

I want to ask for some meal suggestions

snacks, high fiber etc ...

love some suggestions

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Meaghan! Wow a SECOND hemorrhoidectomy? How did you make it through your first? I am currently DYING 10 days post op. The only thing I can stomach at the moment is oatmeal with honey, cream of wheat, pears, plums, kiwi and baked beans. I started off eating oatmeal with mashed bananas, apples and cinnamon but I got a bit sick of it. The smell of cinnamon now makes me feel like throwing up all thanks to this surgery. I also want to try sweet potato to see if that helps. Maybe make some sweet potato fries in the oven YUM! Those foods along with a ton of water help my BM stay soft (still having pain while passing unfortunately).

• Posted

Yep grade 4 hemorrhoids going back to have the final removed and a few skin tags. first surgery I had 3 removed and that's the most they are able to remove.

wait till you get to the itchy stage ... buy some tucks and vasile and rub that on

those days should be rolling around soon

• Posted

I had a pain free surgery and recovery. I wrote a post that detailed all my pre- planning (back in October). I started my diet 5 days pre-surgery. Basically it was a lot of cooked fruit and vegetable soups. All-Bran is your friend. Measure out a serving and eat a full serving every day. Eat a full serving serving of dark, leafy greens every day. Drink 3-4 litres of water a day. Go for walks to get things moving. Pay attention to what you eat and notice if things get more painful in the bathroom the next day. I really limit too many refined carbs (pasta, bread, etc) because it really makes things harder for me.

Good Luck!

• Posted

Our bodies all react and digest food differently. Fibre is definitely important but the type and quantities that might work for someone can upset another person’s digestion. I would recommend you choose a couple of meals which you know keep you regular and stick to them for at least the two weeks post op. Also eating them at same times (if you can) will help you regulate your digestion and BMs. My meals were porridge with banana or papaya or mango for bfst, pumpkin soup or wholemeal spelt toast with avocado for lunch and cooked veggies (sweet potatoes, zucchini, peas, spinach) for dinner. This sounds pretty boring but since you had gone through this before I am sure you appreciate how happy I was with 1x soft BM a day so I didn’t want to risk any setbacks.

I wish you best of luck 2nd time around. Hope all goes really well and you have a smooth recovery 😀

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.