Fiber supplements

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have slowly been adding fiber into my diet.... fresh fruit, AllBran( this works well but leaves me very gassy)...... I would like to try a supplement but am not sure how much or how often and what to use..... love to hear all suggestions and thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I was told no albran it's to scratcy I have fybergel and bran flakes lots of water

• Posted

thank you Susan..... I am having difficulty finding a bran that works...... i mix it with my yogurt but will definitely take ur advice
  • Posted

It's worth a try. Ask pharmacist what brand is recommended. Read label and take according to directions. A must is lots of water. I take a capsule form. Good luck. Start slowly and increase to your comfort level.

• Posted

My GI has me on Benefiber three times a day. I also take a good probiotic 1 MD platinuim once a day. I eat Raisin Bran, cracklin oat bran with no issues. 

• Posted

Hi

I take Fybogel, it does take a few days to start working but it does work !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.