fibro?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm currently under investigation for bowel problems but for the last 4-5 month my muscles all over my body have got increasingly more stiff and painful, I feel bruised all the time and get a sunburn feeling if my skin is touched. I've had every test going and only thing that's shown is vit D deficiency. I've been taking a large dose for two weeks now and no change. I'm exhausted all the time dispite the amount of sleep I get. This morning I woke with bad pelvic pain and its burning when I pee. Any one think this is connected? Should I mention fibro to my doctor, I don't want to seem like a Dr Google freak.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hello DSome of your symptoms agree with mine but not all of them. I have fibromyalgia and have sensitivity to light, muscle pain, andlack vitamin D . The tiredness factor can vary and sleep may not refresh you. I too am supposed to need bowel investigations but do not have any burning when passing water,

Also, no pelvic pain but I suspect you are younger than me so it may make a difference.I have had this for a long time.Have you ever had valium or benzodiazepenes prescribed by you gp? Lots of drugs produce reactions so maybe if you haven't already you could try anti-histamine if your doc agrees.

Wishing you well,

Brenda

• Posted

You have a lot of the symptoms I have had. I do have fibro. IBS is also part of the problem. Muscle pain comes and goes in different areas. The sunburn feeling happens between my shoulders on my back. I take Tylenol and Aleve. They help sometimes. Talk to your doctor. Hope you feel better.
    • Posted

Fibromyalgia can affect a lot of muscle groups including the bladder. It is possible that You could have a urinary tract infection. It will be worth drinking plenty of fluid, but not too much as it can lower your sodium levels. You can also buy cystitis medication from the supermarket or have a chat with a pharmacist. Make an appointment with your GP If the problem continues as you may need some antibiotics.

• Posted

Been to the doctor as OTC medication didn't work. Doctor did a dip test on my urine which showed nothing abnormal so she's sending it for cultures. Suppose its just a waiting game now. I seem to be spending my life at the GP and feel like I'm getting nowhere. Its starting to affect my life and its getting me down

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.