Fibro fog

Posted , 5 users are following.

i used to get this hazy feeling which I assumed were fibro fog, but I think I have the real fibro fog, I feel as if I want to just shake my head, I have this hazy feeling all over as if it's like withdrawals or something, it's so horrible, anyone relate to this?

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Yes for sure Trisha. There are certain days where I have that mental fog and it is usually after I have overdone it. That I think has to do with the Chronic Fatigue aspect of FM. So you are not alone. There are other days where I get up and I feel like I am 90 years old! My muscles are all aching and I have to walk gingerly. I find that coffee really helps me get going. I don't know what I would do without my morning coffee! There are days when my memory is terrible and I search for words when talking to someone. It is so frustrating! So on those days I have to find time for a nap because I know that if I push myself more, I will be worse off in the next few days. I think the best lesson in all this sweetie, is to really learn to pace ourselves. I will be out doing some groceries and then I remember that I have to go to another store to get other items; and I have to just discipline myself and say No Maggie! It is really hard as you know to accept our physical limitations but it is crucial. Hope your fog lifts soon girl and just know that all of us have those days. xx

• Posted

Thanks for your words of wisdom magpie, looking back I decorated a room for my grandson, well helped lol, and it was after that I felt like this, so your right (again) lol. Sometimes I think we get caught up on having a good day or rwo then go and do something we used to be able to do with ease, forgetting we would pay. Thanks again, just sometimes these symptoms seem so harsh and you forget you have felt like that before and it will pass xxxx
    • Posted

Yes sweetie. I think realising this can help us greatly to recognise when we are doing too much. It all has to do with self care. We often worry and care about others, but rarely do we give ourselves a break. And yes respecting those limitations is very hard I agree. But wisdom dictates that if we want to have some joy and peace in our lives, it is absolutely necessary and crucial in coping with this condition. I think that we are often perfectionists, and if we can't accomplish something to a certain degree, we feel like we have failed. I think in our case, half is often better than whole! I think we don't often listen to our bodies. It tells us way before we have reached that limit but we often ignore that flashing orange light. We need to clue in and respect that intuition. xx

• Posted

You are so smart and I agree with everything you just said, I really need to give myself some of that acceptance and forgiveness that I give to others. Xx thanks again magpie xxx for just being there xx
  • Posted

Maggie, you have hit the nail on the head there, pace is difficult when pre fibro you were a "can do" person and I for sure can relate, your points resonate with me especialy the overdoing it and the post symptoms that follow.

I used to be in a profession that required communicating with multi country and medical officials and now I'm lucky if I can have someone understand what I'm trying to get across on a bad day.

Stick with it Trish, there's no sure answer it try and find ways/tricks to help you like reminder apps on a phone, kitchen chalk boards, pocket pad & pen, I carry one everywhere now as if I don't act or say something when it comes into my head then it's gone, so I quickly jot it onto the pad.

I'm writing this at 3 am unable to sleep with beyond itchy legs, restless legs and back pain so I really understand fibro and our struggle.

Keep up the fight

• Posted

Thanks Paul, your words are so right, everything you said makes sense, I think sometimes we don't see it so we can for that split second forget as that's as much a symptom isn't it forgetfulness xxx thanks Paul it's just so good to know your not alone xxx oh and I hope you get a 😴 sleep xxx

• Posted

Hi Paul. Well you must not think less of yourself. All that intelligence and knowledge is still there. This world however, puts a great deal of pressure on performance and advancement. And people like us who were often overachievers, have often done above and beyond the call of duty. I think that many of us have had very low self esteem in the past and excelling in any particular field or talent, was usually the way we built our self image. We never felt 'good enough'. So we often went overboard. Demanding or expecting ridiculous goals to be met. We often went out of our way also to please others. To get their acceptance. People who were very hard to please and did not really have our best interests at heart. So this mindset I believe, stays with us for the rest of our lives. But this pressure eventually takes its toll. Mostly because it is excessive and unrealistic. When we no longer can perform at that level, to us in our minds, we have failed. The demands we often put on ourselves Paul, we would never imagine demanding these of those we love. There is a Bible scripture where Jesus says, to love others as we do 'ourselves'. We unfortunately forget that last part. Loving ourselves does not mean in an egotistical way. It means rather, that we have realistic expectations of ourselves and we respect and value our needs and the inner person we are. FM sufferers are usually some of the nicest and caring people I know. That is of much more value than any achievement in the secular world. Our thoughts can often deplete our energy. All these automatic thoughts that often go through our minds that we are never 'enough'. To those who love you Paul, you are enough! And you have no doubt done more that your best in life. We need to reeducate our minds to be kinder in our often too critical evaluation of ourselves. I think that if we start to really think about our good qualities, and they are there; we will have a more realistic and accurate self image. Take care of yourself Paul. Respect those limitations and nurture 'You' for a change. Maggie 

• Posted

In addition to chronic fatigue, symptoms of fibromyalgia may include:

Abdominal pain

Anxiety and depression

•Chronic headaches

•Dryness in mouth, nose, and eyes

•Hypersensitivity to cold and/or heat

•Inability to concentrate (called "fibro fog"wink

•Incontinence

•Irritable bowel syndrome

•Numbness or tingling in the fingers and feet

•Painful menstrual cramps

•Painful trigger points

•Stiffness

i am not sure what you mean by "haziness" but fibro fog is when you are not able to concentrate. and always being forgetful. you are con.stantly lethargic and along with all these things i have listed. i recently had a brain scan because it was getting worrying and am waiting for the result.

• Posted

Yes I have all of that, with haziness it is like I need to shake my head and everything will settle down, I feel fragile? Let us know how your scan goes cherub xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.